How to move appointments from one teacher to another.
If a teacher becomes unavailable you can substitute another teacher to take the bookings for their class or subject (see this article for how to do this) however, if the newly-unavailable teacher already has bookings made with them those bookings do not transfer automatically to the new teacher. This article sets out the various options available to you in dealing with those appointments.
Option 1. Cancel the appointments and ask the Parents to re-book with the new teacher
Once you have substituted the new teacher see this article for details of how to cancel the appointments and notify the affected parents - use the optional note that can be added to the emailed notification to ask the parents to re-book with the new teacher.
Option 2. Manually edit the existing appointments to move them to the new teacher
Once you have substituted the new teacher:
- Take a record of the current teacher's bookings via Conferences> Go To Conference > Manage Appointments, selecting them in the teacher dropdown box then clicking Export at the top of the list of their bookings.
- On the same page, at the top of the list of their bookings click Remove Appointments which will display checkboxes next to that teacher's appointments. Select those you wish to remove then click Remove Selected. When you've done this, a box will appear asking if you wish to send an optional custom message to the parents affected. For more detail on removing bookings see see this article.
- Go to Add Appointment in the navigation bar on the left and then - using the list you made in step 1 - select a student and parent whose booking was removed and add it back but with the new teacher.
Do this for each deleted booking. There is more detail on the steps involved here: Adding, Deleting or Editing Appointments.
Option 3. Request a bulk transfer
If there are a very large number of appointments we can sometimes move them from the old teacher to the new for you, provided all of the following circumstances apply:
- You need to move all appointments for the current teacher to the new teacher.
- The new teacher does not yet have any appointments made with them for the date(s) in question.
- You have closed the conference to further booking until the move has been completed (by changing the Bookings Closed for Parents date/time in Configure Conference > Basic Details to a point in the past).
If all of the above apply then please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your request including the names of the teachers involved and which conference/dates the appointments are on. Please be aware that this may take some time to be completed. We will notify you once it is complete, so that you can re-open bookings.