Substituting teachers, disabling classes and managing shared classes
If you need to substitute a teacher, disable bookings for a class, or manage shared teachers for a specific conference this guide shows you how to use the Class Teachers section of Configure Conference to do this. Note that:
- Class Teachers is only available if your data has been synced from your school management system, or if a data has been manually imported via spreadsheets which include an SIS ID..
- Changes made via Class Teachers after a conference has opened for booking will only affect bookings made from that point onwards. Existing appointments with teachers are unchanged.
- If a teacher has become unavailable and you need to transfer existing appointments to another teacher see this article.
Manage Class Teachers
- From the Admin Homepage select Conferences > Go to Conference > Configure Conference.
Select the Class Teachers option on the navigation panel.
- (Optional) If your conference runs over more than one date, you will see a green Apply to all dates switch. If you need the classes or teachers to vary between the dates in the conference turn off this switch.
You will then see a date drop down that allows you to configure the dates separately.
- Every class on the conference is now displayed in a list. if one is missing please check that you have ticked it in the Classes step of Configure Conference.
Each class has a Change button which allows you to choose who will be taking the bookings for that class on the date(s) chosen.
When you click Change you are presented with various options:
- Disable Class: bookings for this class cannot be made and it does not appear to parents on the date(s) chosen. It will then show on the Class Teachers page as Disabled - No Bookings.
- Change Teacher(s) presents you with a box allowing you to set any teacher(s) on the system as those that will take the bookings for that class:
Single Teacher works the same as for a non-shared class, allowing you to set any individual teacher on the system as the one that will take the bookings for that class.
- Revert to Default allows you to return the class to it's default setting
Multiple Teachers allows you to specify a minimum of two teachers as the one that will take the bookings for that class. You can add teachers by clicking in the teacher name area or using the downward pointing arrow to the right.As soon as at least two teachers have been selected more options will appear - you may need to click outside the teacher selection area to see them.
Parents can book separately with each teacher means that all the shared teachers will be individually bookable (unless you have marked them as unavailable on that date or evening) - so that they can all see different students at the same time. This will then show on the Class Teachers page as Separate appointment with each teacher.
An appointment with all teachers at the same time means an appointment will be to see all the available shared teachers at the same time, in the same place. This will then show on the Class Teachers page as Group Booking - Single Appointment.
- Any class that you have changed away from its default setting will be displayed in blue, so that you can easily sport changes made.
- Once you have made your choices, click the Save button at the bottom of the page.