PowerSchool: How to set up integration
This guide shows you how to set up Meet The Teacher with PowerSchool integration, allowing you to transfer your data for teachers, parents and students.
How to Set up PowerSchool
- Log in to Meet The Teacher as an admin.
- If this is the first time you have used the system you will likely be presented with the Getting Started wizard. Alternatively, go to the navigation bar on the left and click Settings, then Data Import Source and select PowerSchool from the available School Information Systems.
- On the next page, click on the link to download the PowerSchool Plugin.
- Next login to PowerSchool itself and install the plugin you have just downloaded - you can find more information about how to do this by going through the steps found in PowerSchool's own guide.
- Once installed, please note the ClientID and Client Secret as you will need these for the next step.
These details can be found by going to the Data Provider Configuration page in PowerSchool.
Go back to Meet The Teacher, and enter the details:
Note: If you delete and re-install the plugin, PowerSchool will recreate the Client ID and Client Secret, so you will need to re-enter them in Meet The Teacher.
Syncing your data from PowerSchool
Once the PowerSchool Integration is set up you can run a sync from PowerSchool at any time.
We recommend doing so whenever you are setting up a new conference/event to ensure your data is up to date.
You can also run a sync if you have new/changed data in PowerSchool that needs to be brought into Meet The Teacher - including when you have an ongoing conference/event. However, please be aware that if a teacher or student is removed by running a sync, then any bookings involving them would be deleted from the system.
To run a sync with PowerSchool:
- Click Data on the navigation bar to load the Data Dashboard.
- Click Run on the Data Dashboard: