Using the Waiting List
The waiting list option gives parents the opportunity to add themselves to a waiting list when a teacher or event is fully booked. If space later becomes free administrators can assign places to parents on the list.
Enabling the Waiting List
The waiting list is enabled by default on initial set up of your system. If the waiting list is enabled, parents will have the option to add themselves to the waiting list if a teacher is fully booked for an evening, or all your places/tickets have been taken for an event. They can also add a note to their waiting list entry if they wish. If the waiting list is disabled, parents won't be able to add themselves to the list, however, if they were already on a list before it was disabled, that list will still be shown to administrators.
You can turn if off (or re-enable) it using the following steps.
- From the On the Navigation Bar click Settings.
Click Waiting List.
Set the Waiting List Enabled option as required.
Finally, click Save.
Conferences: Viewing and Managing the Waiting List
Administrators are able to view who has added themselves to the waiting list by following the steps below.
- From the Administrator Homepage select Conferences on the navigation bar.
- Click Go to Conference on the relevant conference.
- Click Waiting List on the navigation bar.
While in the Waiting List section, you can see a list of parents who have booked onto that list (click the Export Waiting Lists option to get a spreadsheet containing the entries on this page). If a teacher currently has availability, you will see a Book button at the end of the row. Clicking this will load the Add Appointment screen for that parent. In the appointment grid, those teachers for which the parent is in the waiting list will display a Leave Waiting List button, as well as a list of the available appointment slots.
If you select one of the available appointment slots the parent is removed from the waiting list and booked with that teacher.
If you just click Leave Waiting List the parent is removed from the waiting list but not booked with that teacher.
Events: Viewing and Managing the Waiting List
- From the Administrator Dashboard, click Events on the navigation bar.
- Click Go to Event on the event for which you'd like to check the waiting list.
- If your event only has one date or you just want to look at all the dates in one place, click Manage Bookings in the Common Actions section.
If you're only interested in a particular date's bookings, click the Manage Bookings button next to the date.
- If there is a booking on the waiting list, a dashed box will show just below above the event. Click Show Waiting List to see the list.
The entries on the list show in a grid. Next to each entry is a red bin icon, which you can use to delete that waiting list entry. If there is a space available there will be also a blue Book button. Clicking this will take you to the Add Booking page for the parent. Once there you can click the blue Waiting List button and either edit it to include an extra note, or delete it to immediately have the button turn green so you can make a booking to replace it.