Events: Setting up an Event: 2 - Clubs
This guide follows on from step 4 in the initial set up guide
- In the Basic Details section you have chosen Club as the type of event you are setting up.
- As soon as you do this you are asked if you want the Club(s) to happen on a Specific date (if it is a one off event) or a Range of dates (for example, every Wednesday for a number of weeks).
Next you need to set the dates between which parents are able to book. Open Bookings for Club, when set, means that the event will not be open for booking until that date and time. If you leave it blank, the event will be bookable as soon as it has been created. If parents log in before bookings are open they will see this date, so that they know when they can start booking.
Close Bookings for Club, when set, prevents parents from making any bookings after that date and time. If you leave it blank, parents will be able to make and amend bookings right up until the event ends. When parents log in they see this date, if it is in the past.
Note: this is the default closing date for the event as a whole, you can also set different close dates on any different Clubs that are part of the event - see step 6 below
Finally in this section you can allow parents the option to add a message when they make a booking. This message will be visible to the admins when they view bookings.
For more on how to view bookings on your events please see this article.
You can now click Next and move on to the Sessions section which is where you add the details of your Club, as well as any additional Clubs which are part of the overall event.
- Close Date for Bookings , when set, prevents parents from making any bookings after that date and time. If you leave it blank, parents will be able to make and amend bookings right up until the event ends. When parents log in they see this date, if it is in the past.
You can apply this to all the clubs:
or a different close date per club.
Each club/session has a name, a date (or a range of dates, depending on which you chose in step 2 above) on which it occurs, and a capacity. You can add additional clubs/sessions by clicking the blue Add Club button.
Lastly you can limit the number of clubs/sessions, in this event, that a student can book into:
- You can now click Next and move on to the Students section which is where you can use Add Filters to specify who this event is available to. You can either apply the same filter to the whole event, or you can make different trips/sessions within the event open to different groups of students. For more on filters please see Using the student filters.
- Once this section has been completed click Save at the foot of the page. Your event is now configured and ready to use. All these sections can be revisited and edited at any time via via Events > Go to Event > Configure Event.