How to send Reminders for Conferences
You can send a reminder email to your parents, reminding them of appointments or bookings already made for a Conference/Event, or to remind them to log in to make their appointments or bookings. In the example screenshots below we use Conferences, but it is the same process for Events.
Sending reminders for Conferences or Events
- From the Administrator Homepage select Conferences or Events and click the relevant Go to Conference/Event.
Click Send Reminders on the navigation bar, or in the Common Actions.
- In the New Reminder box click the type of reminder you would like.Remind parents of their appointments will send an email to each parent that has already booked, containing a list of their appointments.
Remind Parents Yet to Book will send an email to parents without an existing appointment.
- Message Settings allows you to enter additional text in the Custom Message box that will be included in the email that is sent. If you choose to send a Remind Parents Yet to Book message you will also have the option under Parent Priority to choose the priority of parent the reminder is sent to.
- Confirm/Preview shows a sample message, including the standard text, any details you have entered under Custom Message, and details of appointments booked.
Note that the student name shown in the example is just the first available one in the list, it will not send that student's details to other parents!
If you are happy with the message click on the box next to I accept sending messages for xx parents (where xx is the number of parents being messaged).
Click Send to send the reminder.If you want to make changes, click Previous to go back to the Message Settings screen.
- You will then be taken to the Finished screen and the messages will be queued for sending. You can see the progress and message history on the Messages page. To go directly to this you can click on Go to Messages at the bottom right.
Click on Close to exit.
Checking message progress and history
- You can check the status of your sent reminders from the Messages screen. This can be accessed by clicking on Go to Messages on the Finished screen when you generate reminders. or at any other time by clicking on Messages on the navigation bar at the left of the screen.
Any reminders sent to parents will have Reminder at the start of the title under Message along with the name of the Conference, the Type of message, when they were Added, the number of Successful messages sent and their Status.
- To view further information you can scroll down the list of messages on screen to find the one you are looking for (or enter details in the Search box) then click on the message name to show the type of message, the priorities of parents selected and the name of the Evening as well as a pie chart showing the percentage of successful, failed, or in progress messages.
Details of messages not sent will show under Failed Messages, including Parent, Email address, Date & Time and Reason they have not been sent.
Any messages that have been sent will show under Successful Messages.including the name of the Parent, Email address and Date and Time the message was sent.