ManageBac - setting up integration with ManageBac
To set up Meet The Teacher to integrate with your data in ManageBac, please follow these steps.
Setting up ManageBac integration
Note: This section only needs to be followed if you are setting your system up for the first time or your ManageBac details have changed. If the integration is already set up please follow the Syncing your data from ManageBac section below.
A: In ManageBac
- Log into your ManageBac admin account.
- Go to Settings at the top right.
- Under the Account section, select Develop:
- On the left panel, select API Manager:
- You can then create a new API Token using the Add New Token button to the right.
- When creating the new token, you are asked which permissions it should have.
Meet The Teacher requires the following read-only permissions: Click on the Add Token on the bottom right of the screen to create the token.
- Once the key is created, go back to the API Manager page and click the clipboard icon next to the new token. This copies that key and allows you to paste it into your Meet The Teacher system when required in the steps below.
In Meet The Teacher
- Log in to Meet The Teacher as an admin.
- If this is the first time you have used the system you will likely be presented with the Getting Started wizard. Alternatively, go to the navigation bar on the left and click Settings, then Data Import Source and select ManageBac from the available School Information Systems:
Alternatively, go to the navigation bar on the left and click Settings, then Data Import Source. The system will then display a box where you can enter the details you obtained earlier:
The page will then display a box where you can enter the details which you obtained earlier along with any other details required. The ManageBac API Base URL should be api.managebac.com unless your school is located in China, in which case set this to api.managebac.cn.
Syncing your data from ManageBac
You can run a sync to load the current data from ManageBac into your system whenever you need to by going to the navigation bar, clicking on Data then the sync button: